- Wheat stem rust (Puccinia graminis f. sp. tritici) and race analysis
- Differential lines and controls: seed handling and seedling raising
- Stem rust collection, processing and inoculation
- Stem rust incubation and rust development
- Infection types of isolates and race identification
- Multiplication, collection and storage of stem rust races
Race analysis requires organized human resources as well as materials. The activities involved in race analysis are intensive and demand excellent techniques and precautions. Greenhouse and greenhouse related activities for wheat stem rust race analysis are organized in a number of distinct major steps outlined in this document.
This document is a guide for technicians, junior researchers, students and trainees on how to process stem rust races in the greenhouse and how to multiply the races and store the races for use in the future.
- Expand learning community of practitioners’ network around key topics
- Engage practitioners with best practices and latest agency guidance with regional and local discussions
- Support adaption with flexibility by providing access to leaders and scientist in the field of study and practitioners with success/failure experience and guidance